[iTunes] Re: wrong song order in music folder

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Sun May 25 21:19:50 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 11:57  PM, Kunga wrote:

> These misunderstandings arise from the style with which we use our
> systems. I NEVER use icon nor list views - only Column view in which
> there is no sort by date option. The Create file names with track
> number preference was added to iTunes 3. But it needs to be turned on
> when you install iTunes 4. She probably had it on in her 3 version and
> overlooked the need to turn it back on after installing iTunes 4.

That makes sense, I suppose. It's not a feature I find useful since I
don't look at the music files outside of iTunes. I can create an mp3
disk from within iTunes, and it's not an issue with the iPod. Then
again, I'm indifferent to the whole issue of album covers which has
exercised a lot of minds on this list - I don't look at the real album
covers, so I don't see much point in looking at the virtual covers.
Liner notes, librettos and other textual accompaniments are a different
matter, but they don't get any treatment at all within iTunes.