[iTunes] Re: Mr Skinner and new iPods

Andrew Nye andrew at nye.tc
Wed May 28 22:53:24 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 06:40  am, Ron Skinner wrote:

> Regarding OSX and the use of the CLI, I'd venture that at least 80
> percent
> of OSX users never use it. It's simply not necessary. Honestly, it's a
> superb, incredibly stable operating system that I recommend to even
> rank
> beginners.

I can second this. I wanted to get mum online. She's 89 and never used
a computer in her life. She lives alone in a town some distance from
our home, so most troubleshooting has to be done by email or 'phone.

I got her an eBay-ed tray-loading iMac (Tangerine, she's delighted as
it matches her carpet:-)) and put OSX on there. She has taken to it
very well and now, after a few months, is quite confident using Mail
app, Safari and iTunes.

Andrew