[iTunes] Re: Batch Converting MP3 to AAC

Ron Skinner rskinner at lvcm.com
Thu May 29 18:30:51 PDT 2003

Ted-

I did some in-depth testing in which I compared 160 kbps AAC files directly
to the original CDs. Even with the most discriminating equipment I couldn't
tell the difference. These are highly individual results and, because I'm
probably older than you, you would be well advised to conduct your own
tests. But if you can't hear the difference, why use the space?

Something many iPod users don't seem to be aware of is that higher bit rates
mean shorter battery life.

Ron