[iTunes] Re: OS 9 & X iPod Installation Instructions

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri May 30 12:49:28 PDT 2003

OK. I did it again a different way and YES you can have both access to
songs to play from the Pod and access to them in the iPod's boot disk's
own iTunes. You have to turn off the Copy to Music folder option. Then
after you add each album to the iPod manually, you go into the iPod
Control Folder (you have TinkerTool 2.32 show hidden and system files
turned on of course) and simply go through the folders to find your
added tracks and drag them to the iPod's itunes' Library. Then you can
isolate them and make a new Playlist that you can add to the iPod
without copying them again.

It's confusing to explain. But you can easily build an iTunes 4 setup
on the iPod's boot disk that mirrors the iPod's contents that are
available for playing from the Pod.

Anyone want to help me explain this an easier way? I did it an easier
way but I can't explain it.