iTunes / iPod stalls when updating

Greg McNeil gmcneil99 at mchsi.com
Fri Oct 10 09:56:14 PDT 2003

Hi All,
I just (yesterday) received a refurbished 10 gig, touchwheel, (no dock
connector) iPod which I ordered from Apple. After some experimenting
and a call to Apple (which didn't help) and more experimenting I
finally got the thing to be recognized by my iMac DV SE running OX
10.2.6 and iTunes 3.0.1. Everything seemed fine, but as I transfered
songs to the iPod the process stalled. I forced iTunes to quit and
unplugged the iPod and started over. I have found that MOST of the time
if I manually transfer just a few songs at a time to the iPod it works
OK, but if I try to transfer an entire album or playlist the process
will again stall.

I should also mention that the way I finally got the iPod to be
recognized was to attach it to either my external CD burner or Hard
Drive's open firewire connection rather connecting directly to the iMac.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg