changing formats

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 11:46:21 PDT 2003

Thanks Eric. I am trying to do it. the only trouble I'm having is hangs
on to the AIFF file until the AAC is made and it won't complete the AAC
because it's telling me the dic is full. I have deleted some stuff but
it's still squawking. I really would like to be able to move iTunes to
my external hard drive which is huge but my understanding is itunes
must be on the boot drive.
terry

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 02:09  PM, ecirwin at mac.com wrote:

> Terry,
>
> For spoken word things like books, you should be able to lower the bit
> rate for encoding to 96kbps in either MP3 or AAC, I might even try
> 64kbps in AAC.  Spoken word is not nearly as complex as music, so not
> much will be "lost" in the encoding.
>
> This will also save you a lot of space.  The files will probably be
> 10% or less than they are in AIFF.  I think the other response should
> have given you the means to change your default encoder in iTunes.
>
> Eric
>
>> I have a ton of AIFF format books in my  iTunes library. Is there a
>> way
>> to change them to another format that might not take up as much room?
>> see an option to change items to AIFF but to change to something else.
>> If I can change to MPG would that be a reasonable quality and take up
>> less space?
>> Thanks,
>> terry

http://www.terrypogue.com