[iTunes] Re: changing formats

Todd Masco itunes-list-local at babayaga.org
Mon Sep 15 07:52:34 PDT 2003

Vincent wrote:
> At 1:23 AM -0400 9/15/03, Todd Masco wrote:
> >The drive I installed in my iBook months ago is 80 GB
>
> Which drive did you use (and how long did this install take)?

Let me see, it was the:

	IBM-Hitachi 2.5" 80 GB Drive-80GN 4200 RPM

It took a couple of hours, it's not an easy replacement but it isn't as
difficult as Apple would like you to believe.  You've just got to be
careful with the parts.  I did the replacement months ago (the original
drive was failing), and haven't had a problem with the new drive.

Here are some directions...  I followed the first set, but at a glance
the seconds appears to be a little better.  You *will* need a set of
jeweler's screwdrivers, some of the screws are extremely tiny.

	http://uk.geocities.com/ibookupgrade/
	http://homepage.mac.com/itiburon/cybergreg/iBook500HD.html

Hope this helps,

	-- Todd