[iTunes] Finding "Lost" Music

Scott Replogle reploglemd at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 10:10:22 PDT 2003

I haven't been keeping up so maybe this has been discussed but I have
had the same problem and it seems to be the recent albums/CD's that
have been encoded in AAC (the older ones were in MP3). If I look at the
external disk that contains them, the ones that are in the iTunes
library will be shown as "today" for the date modified and those that
don't show up in the iTunes library even though they were ripped into
it are in AAC format. They will be listed as last modified on the date
they were ripped. I solve this by dragging the folder containing the
album or artist back into iTunes and they then appear normally -- until
sometime later when iTunes is restarted. Then they disappear again.
Dragging the entire folder from wherever it's stored back to iTunes
should solve Jim Wickman's problem though.

Dr. Reptile
Boulder, CO