[iTunes] Lost Contents of Playlists

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 1 12:30:14 PST 2004

On 12/1/04 8:49 PM, "William Hill" <bhill at duckhill.com> wrote:

> I recently had to re-format my hard drive. When I loaded up everything
> from my back-up, although the titles of my play lists came back, the
> songs that they contained did not. I have all of the songs. My
> question: where in the back-up files would I find the play list
> contents?

There are two files. You don't say whether you are using a Mac or Windows.
On the former, they are in the iTunes folder in the Music folder. On
Windows, I think they are in the iTunes folder in the My Music folder. If
you had backed up these files, you should just replace the new ones with the
backups and you should get everything back.

Kirk

                  Forthcoming book: iPod & iTunes Garage
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France