Fwd: [iTunes] multiple hard drives

Preston Black prestonblack at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 03:35:04 PST 2004

Begin forwarded message:

> --- ML B <audiomix55 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to have an extra
>> external hard drive with
>> music on it connected to my iTunes playlists.  Since
>> my music folder is on
>> my internal HD it wants to copy it.  Is there any
>> other way?
>>
>> Mark

The way I have done it is to move my iTunes folder from my internal
hard drive to the external hard drive. I then put an alias to that
folder in my Music folder. Now as far as iTunes is concerned the iTunes
folder on my external drive is the main folder. When I add files to the
library, it automatically keeps everything on the external hard drive.

- Preston