[iTunes] Very new to this

Rick Schwitzer schwitze at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 29 14:38:17 PST 2004

OK, I am looking for some answers to some basic downloading questions and
just joined the list.

I would like to legally download a couple hundred songs to be copied to my
hard drive or to CDs for personal consumption.
My nephew turned me onto Napster and the like a couple of years ago but I
stopped as soon as the copyright violation stories came out.

Here's what I'd like to do.

Download 200 to 300 songs, primarily pop and rock and  the classic party
tunes of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.   I am will to pay a buck a song so I
can have this list on CD or computer to play at parties, on boat on in the
car.

Is iTunes the place?  I can't seem to find the song lists offered by iTunes
without joining.   I am not someone who will be downloading all the latest
hiphop or whatever music as I am 43 years old and my tastes are classic
tunes from The Righteous Brothers to Springsteen to to Melissa Ethridge,
etc.

Thanks in advance for your indulgence.

Sincerely,

Rick Schwitzer