[iTunes] Re: Active

Shayne Croy croyphoto at acsalaska.net
Thu Feb 12 09:08:16 PST 2004

OK, I can't resist. How's this for "no trouble"? Last night, following
advice from various sources, I was attempting to move my Itunes music(
approximately 1600 cds worth) onto a Lacie external hard drive,
eliminate duplicate files, and take some music(30 gigs) off my Ipod
using Ipodrip... Care to guess where I'm going with this?... It's all
gone. All of it. Ipod? Gone. Itunes? Empty. Lacie drive? Fragments with
no rhyme or reason. Sadly, I am fairly certain most of this falls
squarely on me, with the possible exception of Mr. Lacie's role. Not
quite sure why it selectively choose certain files to save, but...
Anyhoo, just a little cautionary tale. The moral? If you don't know,
ask. If the answer is confusing?For GOD'S sake, risk looking stupid and
ask again! Well, I gotta go, I have 1600 cds to rip...
Shayne Croy
Homer, Alaska