[iTunes] Screen cracked

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Mon Nov 8 21:53:58 PST 2004

If you have a Canadian repair location - particularly in Toronto or
vicinity I'd be really please to hear about it. That doesn't sound like
a bad price considering the labour involved.

I have a dud 2nd generation 10 Gb which died when the connection was
broken in the middle of an update. It seems to me it should be a matter
of reprogramming an EPROM or something equivalent, but Apple quoted
C$300. which is insane considering I can get a 20 Gb new iPod for about
$100 more.

Considering it''s hard to change the batteries and they're almost
impossible to fix at a reasonable price, I must be insane - I just
bought another one! Reality Distortion is built into every unit!