[iTunes] Locations Lost After Reinstall

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Sun Nov 21 14:29:35 PST 2004

Apple only allows 3 computers to be authorized to play the music, so
you may need to have them deauthorize all your computers and
reauthorize the working ones. Reformatting the hard drive causes iTunes
to think you have a new computer. Now you have the previously formatted
disk authorized, plus your currently formatted disk. You only have one
more left. Always remember to deauthorize your computer before you sell
it or reformat the disk (if possible). You have to call Apple to get
them to deauthorize machines you do not have access to, and they will
only deauthorize all computers at once. I had to do this procedure
once.
Mel

"The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course."
~ Billy Graham