[iTunes] Re: Library

The G, no C greg at blink45.com
Tue Oct 19 09:03:08 PDT 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 8:46 AM,
itunes-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> On 10/15/04 2:38 AM, "Adeline Moore" <nospam920 at linearhoops.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I rename my Library without serious consequences? It *allows*
>> editing
>> when I click on it in the Source window but is it really safe? I've
>> never
>> seen it written anywhere that one *can* rename it.
>
> Interesting... I never noticed - nor would I have thought - that that
> was
> possible. I guess if you can rename it then it won't do any harm, but I
> don't see why it is renamable.

I use 3 different libraries for iTunes (one for Rock, one for Film
Scores, one for Audiobooks) since iTunes chokes at a certain file
number. I somewhat often switch between them, which is why I renamed my
libraries for each one.

And I have had absolutely no problems with iTunes with regards to
renaming the library.

G (remember to trim the extraneous stuff when replying people! No one
wants to see the same footers 10 times)