[iTunes] iPod sorting?

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 18 09:48:55 PDT 2004

On 9/18/04 6:08 PM, "Greg McNeil" <gmcneil99 at mchsi.com> wrote:

> Kirk,
> Sorting from within iTunes didn't solve my problem, but here is what
> did. I wanted the songs in my Playlists to be listed alphabetically by
> song title rather than by artist. I found the info in another iPod
> discussion forum.
>
> Select the playlist you want to sort then select which category you
> want to sort (song name, time, artist etc) the songs then are sorted.
> To get them to be sorted on the iPod control click (right click on a
> PC)  the playlist name and go to "Copy to Play Order"
>
> The songs in the Playlist then appear in the order you selected.

When you clicked the Song column, the playlist didn't sort? It should.

Kirk

            My Latest Book: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .