[iTunes] Connect iPod Nano to 2003 iMac

jbauder at mac.com jbauder at mac.com
Sun Dec 4 14:46:14 PST 2005

David,
    No.  In the USB situation, think of it like this:  You suddenly want to
have up to 40 times the amount of water volume flowing into the pipes in
your home.  You can put as big a pipe as you want outside the home, but it
can't flow any more water in if the pipes in your home stay the same size.
    I don't know of any FireWire to USB 2.0 adapters.  A quick Google search
yielded only something that will let a PC user with USB 2.0 use a FireWire
camcorder.
    It might actually be cheaper for you to buy an iPod Video 30gb to use an
iPod, if you can exchange it.
    One of the reasons people buy PowerMacs and PowerBooks is that they are
upgradeable through card slots.  For example a PowerBook Pismo 400mhz G3
user could add a USB 2.0 card no problem.  I know it doesn't help you right
now, but that is a nice benefit . . .

Thanks,
Joe