[iTunes] size of converted files

Lynda Farabee farabee at sptc.net
Fri Dec 30 09:04:20 PST 2005

At 5:42 PM +0100 12/30/05, Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>On Dec 30, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Lynda Farabee wrote:
>>EXCEPT.....now I have these huge files!  I thought previously they
>>were much smaller. Wonder if someone could suggest some good
>>settings?  Quality is not an issue but size of file is.  I went
>>from 1 or 2 MB files to 19-20 MB.
>>
>>If you don't remember, I'm converting sermon audio files to put on website.
>>Currently I'm using 80 kbps (mono)/160 kbps(stereo), VBR (lowest
>>quality), normal stereo, optimized for velocity Engine.
>>
>>Do I need stereo?
>
>No, but you also don't need such a high bit rate. Weren't you using
>16 kbps before?

I can't find my previous settings!  After all the tinkering I/we did
to correct the problem that was hardware (!) I don't have my previous
settings.  Will changing to 16 kbps help the size? Anything else I
should check/change?   -L

--
--Lynda
http://www.eddfarabee.com/    and        http://www.fpc-levelland.org