[iTunes] My sit-u-ation

8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:43:59 PST 2005

You can connect to more than one ip network at the same time.

If you put a wifi card in the slot that will work just fine.. it will
appear as another wireless card in the network prefs. It doesn't show
now because you don't have one. Just like the bluetooth modem is only
added when you pair with a capable phone.

I've used the wireless and ethernet at the same time on two different
networks this is a *nix box now it is more than capable of running two
networks. Just make sure they are different networks. i.e if the
internet wifi gives you 10.0.1.x ip then make sure your airtunes is
configured for 10.0.2.x or the machine will be confused on how to route
your data to the internet. If you change your airtunes unit now so you
can verify it works I bet that when you plug the wireless card in it
all just works.

I don't have enough kit to test it for you but I'm sure it will work.

Let me know if you need a had.

cheers

On Feb 04, 2005, at 18:22, Benjamin Ing vbing-at-.......
|themacintoshguy.com/1.0-Allow| wrote:

> IlaughatSPAM wrote:
>> Right, but what about using two different G cards (an PCMIA card and
>> my built Airport card)? One to get on the wireless network, the other
>> to communicate with the Air Express?
>
> You would be running two separate networks. You can only connect to
> one TCP/IP network at a time. If you could figure out some way to use
> AppleTalk, you could use that interfact, but I am pretty sure that
> iTunes is IP based now.
>
> Ben

Martin

"What we do in life, echoes in Eternity."
-Maximus Decimus Meridius