[iTunes] genres

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 2 03:02:22 PST 2005

On 1/2/05 11:49 AM, "Emma Gilbride" <macemma at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Why don't the rest of the Gracenote's CDDB genre tags show up in iTunes?
>
> iTunes is only shows the CDDB metagenre tags (there's 20) and doesn't
> show any of the 251 subgenre tags. As the number of tracks in my iTunes
> library increases, I'm really starting to need those subgenre tags.

Just create your own genres - type the name of any genre you want into the
Genre field; even make up your own

Frankly, I think it's good that they're not all available from the Genre
popup menu - it'd be too many.

> The CDDB also has a field for URRL's from Artist or Fan sites, Genre
> sites, movie sites for Soundtracks, etc.. It would be great if this
> field was also added so I could visit the artist's or fan site.

True. I put that stuff in the Comments field.

Best,

Kirk

                      Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France