[iTunes] new iPod Video

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 07:59:32 PST 2005

I have the new iPod Video and I found this great little application
called Handbreak, that converts movies to mp4. I've put three full
length movies on my iPod. I even watched one the other day on the
iPod. Very clear picture and it will be great when I'm sitting in
doctors offices and such.
However, these movies are pretty large and I'd like to have another
library. I know this subject has come up before but can I have
another library dedicated just to movies? Or second library period?

As an aside The thing I really love about handbreak is the ability to
convert a disc to mp4 and take it into iMovie. I have an old sitcom I
had set my Tivo to record. It did and I burned it to disc but it's
full of commercials. I have been trying to figure out how to edit out
the commercials. Final Cut wouldn't import both the audio and video
together and I could not get them synced so with handbreak that
becomes an easy fix. I'll just run handbreak on it and then take the
mp4 into iMove, edit it, and burn it to dvd. How cool is that!
terry

"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me."
Ruth Reichl