[iTunes] Where is iTunes stored?

Ron Michael ronmichael at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:59:22 PDT 2005

Probably a dumb question but I'm getting ready to re-organize my iTunes
library (I hope). I've built some playlists in iTunes but a lot of my
tunes are just spread around in there willy-nilly. Where are my tunes
actually stored on my hard drive. In other words, what is the default
location? Once I complete my organization, do I still need to keep the
actual, original downloads or will the iTunes folder suffice? I know I
should probably safe the originals but hard drive space may be a
problem in the future. If I want to backup the important iTunes stuff
in case of a hard drive tragedy, what folders do I keep as a backup?
Thanks.
Ron in Memphis