[iTunes] Burning Audible Book on CD

rfinlay rfinlay at mac.com
Sun Oct 2 17:08:46 PDT 2005

I'm having a problem burning an Audible book, 4:48 long, onto CD's. I
created a playlist, set prefs to audio CD and began the burn. I
figure it should take 5 discs. After burning the first 2 CD's, I got
an error message and basically the whole process was aborted. I
repeated the process with different brand discs and still get a
different error after inserting the 3rd disc. I have slowed the burn
to 1X and downloaded a new copy of the book from Audible but still no
luck. This last (3rd) time, I didn't even get an error message,
iTunes just didn't recognize the disc and things came to a halt.

I have recently burned single CD's and DVD's using iTunes without
incident. I have also burned two other multi CD audible books many
months ago prior to Tiger.

Is there any way to resume the burn process in iTunes once it's been
disrupted, especially when burning over multiple discs?

Are there preferred CD-R discs that may give me better results?

Is there a better way to approach this whole process (ie use Toast or
something else?

Thanks.

G4 iMac 1.0 Ghz, 1 Gb, super drive, OSX 10.4.2, iTunes 5.0.1