[iTunes] Re: iTunes Digest, Vol 13, Issue 5

rfinlay rfinlay at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 19:04:12 PDT 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 6:44 PM, itunes-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Have you tried dragging the file into a Toast window and done a burn
> from there?
>
> If you don’t have Toast, you could try it from Disk Utility. Create a
> Disk Image in Disk Utility on your Desktop the same size as your file
> (or perhaps a tad bigger), make it write a read/write disk image.
> Mount the image by double clicking it and copy your file into its
> window. Then burn the disk image in Disk Utility. It might work.

Toast no longer copies Audible and iTunes Music Store file to CD
beginning with version 6.1.1 when Apple basically forced them to
cripple this capability.

Disk image won't work again because of the DMA protection.

Tried both anyway but no luck. ITunes is the only legal way I know of
to copy the books on a Mac.

I am miffed because I just used iTunes to make a 5 CD Audible Book
with no problem. I wish iTunes would build in a resume feature or at
least allow you to try another blank CD if one you try is defective.

Thanks anyway.