[iTunes] converting .aiff files to .mp3

Lynda Farabee farabee at sptc.net
Thu Sep 22 06:05:14 PDT 2005

I've been having the devil of a time recently doing the above!  A CD
is recorded of a church service. My job is to convert the sermon
track into .mp3 and upload to website.  Everything has gone well for
over a year....until this past July, probably. I can't pin the
problem down to possibly using Tiger or an upgrade of iTunes.  At any
rate, using iTunes 4.9 and OS 10.2.4....I can no longer accomplish my
task.

I select the track on the CD and under advanced menu, choose convert
to mp3. The process appears to work but the resulting file is silent,
no audio at all.  THEN the CD becomes apparently "damaged"....I can
no longer play that track and sometime, cannot play a track or two on
either side of the sermon track. However tracks 1, 2, & 3 usually
play.

Does anyone have suggestions on what might be going on?  Thanks. -L
--
--Lynda
http://www.eddfarabee.com/    and        http://www.fpc-levelland.org