[iTunes] how do I sync ratings between machines?

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:35:59 PDT 2005

Here's my dilemma.

I have some 40GB of MP3s on my B&W tower. For portability's sake, I
only copied about 3GB to my Powerbook. I've also added about 2GB of
new music to the Powerbook that is not on the tower.

Over the last few months I've rated almost all of the music on the
Powerbook, most of which was never rated on the tower. I want to start
copying the new music to the tower soon, and I also want to copy all
the ratings back onto the tower, overwriting whatever was there
before. I'm not sure how to go about it.

I looked in Doug's AppleScripts, but didn't see anything that
addressed this. I can see the ratings when I export the song list to
Unicode text then open the file in Excel.

Has anyone done this? Any ideas?

--
Someday, when the historians study how someone as accomplished as Al
Gore was effectively marginalized by a party without a conscience and