[iTunes] Mystery deletion

Dndesign97 at aol.com Dndesign97 at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 15:40:11 PST 2006

When I download tunes , either from my own CDs or from online, I take them to
my laptop.
Everything works fine!
I then download them (or a selection, at least) to my 60G photo ipod.
Again, everything runs smoothly.
The last time I updated my ipod was about six months ago. Since then I
haven't accessed itunes on my laptop.…until now.

This is where I find that EVERYTHING in itunes has disappeared!
Can anyone tell me what's happened?
Do the downloads only have a limited time before they are deleted or what?
Please help!!!
I still have the (almost) complete collection on my ipod. Is there a way I
can upload the stuff from my ipod onto the laptop again - reverse the process,
as it were, and store it in a safer, more permanent state?
I'd really appreciate some advice on this.

Many thanks in anticipation
Regards
David Nolan