[iTunes] Re: Sharing iTunes Library between Windows & Mac

henri drev at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 2 10:39:58 PST 2006

Somehow I missed the digest with replies to my query of Jan 11:

"About 30 gigs of tunes in a Mac version of iTunes, mostly AAC files.
I'd like to have the library on an external drive that my wife's
Windows computer can share with my Mac.

How do I do it?"

 From what I've read, sharing iTunes over a network is play only. I
appreciate the replies but I see I should have been clearer, It's not
to play  but be a timesaver, Instead of burning CDs again, she can
import songs and playlists from my much fatter, older collection of
songs and load them to her iPod.

RC, what is a size small enough to format in FAT or FAT32? I have an
OWC Mercury portable with an 80gig Toshiba inside. It has USB2 and
Firewire so we can both connect to it.