[iTunes] moving music between libraries

benaccetto at mac.com benaccetto at mac.com
Tue Mar 7 18:02:27 PST 2006

Click on My Computer.
Open the Shared Documents folder, you can either use the Shared Music
folder or make a new folder.
Open each individual users' folder (ie. Becca's Documents).
Open the My Music folder, then iTunes, then iTunes Music. Drag the
files in there to the Shared Music folder.
For each user, open iTunes. Go to Edit -> Preferences.
Click on the Advanced Tab.
Click the Change button under the iTunes Music folder location.
Navigate to the My Computers -> Shared Documents -> Shared Music (or
what you named your music folder). Click on OK.
Say Yes to the "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" dialog.

All of your users will now point to the same library and any future
music will be added to the same library. You will probably have to
make individual playlists for each of the users and then sync any
iPods to each individual playlist.

Hope this helps.