[iTunes] Podcast (Radio Show) Does Not Transfer to Shuffle

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 7 23:07:26 PST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 3:34 AM, benaccetto at mac.com wrote:

>>> Shuffle is either 512 MB or 1 GB, which is a limited space. How much
>>> room does your shuffle have right now? How big is the file (On the
>>> Money)? Another words, have you made sure you have enough room
>>> for that
>>> file?
>>
>> Michael, thank you. Good try - but there is more than enough room
>> on the Shuffle.
>>
>> Thanks again!
>
> Not to beat a dead horse, but how big is your iTunes library. If
> you have iTunes automatically load the Shuffle then it might be
> you need to manually load your Shuffle by either moving the podcast
> into a smaller playlist and sync'ing that with the Shuffle or
> choosing the podcast with the check boxes and loading only the
> checked songs.

Podcasts get copied to the shuffle but don't play unless you uncheck
the Skip when shuffling option for each one. Very un-intuitive, but I
discovered this when my son loaded his shuffle with podcasts for a
day when he didn't have much school, but had to stay at school, and
found he couldn't listen to any of them.

Kirk
               Co-author of: Mastering Mac OS X - Tiger Edition
                    http://www.mcelhearn.com/tiger.html