[iTunes] I did a bad bad thing

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Mon Mar 13 17:16:26 PST 2006

David Wilson wrote:
> It looks like I just wiped out my iPod - I wanted to sync
> one playlist from iTunes with the iPod. It appears
> that's not an option, because when I synced, all the playlists on the
> ipod are gone, save for the one I set up as synced. I misread what
> the option was actually going to do.

Yes, you selected "Automatically update selected Playlists only", so it
only updated the playlists you selected.

> It's probably not such a big deal, most of what I had on there
> is also on the computer. Is there any way to have an iPod
> sync just one folder, and leave the rest alone?

Yes. If you simply added one playlist on your computer, and everything
else was the same, simply select "Automatically update all songs and
playlists". It will add any new songs and/or playlists, and leave the
old ones there. There is also a third option you could choose: "
Manually manage songs and playlists". This is a bit of a pain, but you
can specify exactly which you want to add or delete.

You are simply clicking faster than you are reading. The mind-reading
option is not functional in the iTunes software yet, so you will have to
specify precisely what you want.

--

Michael Prete