[iTunes] deleting files from my iPod

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 10:46:12 PDT 2006

This is a very basic question, I'm afraid: I'm not exactly an
advanced user.

I mostly use my iPod Mini for audio books. I tried to delete a
number of the books to make room for new ones, but the memory
gague that shows at the bottom of iTunes doesn't reflect the
erasure. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? do I
somehow have to update the iPod, to really delete those books,
and if so, how do I do it?

thanks,

Becca