[iTunes] problem with burned CD

Matt Neimeyer matt at neimeyer.org
Tue Nov 14 06:34:58 PST 2006

>>> You can't. CDs don't accept text info...
>> Does the "Include CD Text" option on the burning panel in iTunes 7
>> not actually work then?
> Only for CD players or software that can read CD text, which is a
> special system designed for display on LED screens.

So for "devices" that's hit or miss. (I think the CD player in my Car actually
supports Cd-Text) but would it be safe to assume one way or the other for
computers?

For example, let's say I burn an audio CD of PodCasts for someone (which are
freely distributable... avoiding any copyright issues ;), if the person
listens
to that CD using iTunes on THEIR computer is it safe to say that they will see
the CD-Text info? Or better yet... if I burn that on my Mac but they listen to
it with Windows Media Player in Windows?

Matt