[iTunes] iTunes Queue?

Matt Neimeyer matt at neimeyer.org
Tue Oct 10 07:15:19 PDT 2006

One of the things I'm really missing from my pre-iTunes days is a "queue" that
isn't dependant on what's displayed on the screen.

For example, if I start playing Album X, and move to Album Y it won't advance to
the next song in Album X OR more commonly... I start a Podcast and go into my
Music library (for example, to find missing artwork) and it doesn't advance to
the next episode unless I switch back to the podcast section before the end of
the episode (in which case it DOES continue, so I know it's dependant on what's
displayed)

Am I doing something wrong? I'm miffed as it is that I can't just add random
music to a temporary queue for playing without creating a playlist but its
REALLY annoying that it forgets what playlist it's on when I go to that
trouble.

Matt

P.S. This is iTunes 7.0.1 on Windows. For examples of what I think it should do,
take a look at Windows Media Player or WinAmp. Hardware wise the Creative Zen
Xtra has a good implementation as well.