[iTunes] iPod newbie X's 2

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Oct 15 18:35:31 PDT 2006

On Oct 15, 2006, at 9:11 PM, John wrote:

>> I don't know what other options I have
>> for synching music to my iPod, (including many protected AAC files I
>> purchased from the iTMS) without USB 2.0 which the specs from
>> Apple say
>> is required for the new iPods. However, Apple doesn't sell any PCMCIA
>> adapters that I can find. Nor have I found any other means of getting
>> 2.0 functionality to my PowerBook.

Also, just realized there *may* be some confusion here.

USB 2.0 peripherals are backwards compatible with USB 1.1 on you Ti.
However, the speed on USB 1.1 is slow, and will take forever to sync
your music the first time. However, on subsequent synching(s), the
time to sync won't be horrible if you are not syncing more than an
album or two.

I bought the apricorn PCMCIA card not for my iPod, but for my Canon
20D. Constantly trying to offload photos or shoot tethered was
terribly terribly slow on the USB 1.1 bus. Having USB 2.0 was a plus
when I upgraded to a 5g a year ago!

John