[iTunes] Changing my podcast "check" time

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sat Oct 21 10:03:53 PDT 2006

listLover wrote:
> Don’t see how (in iTunes 6) to change the specific time of day that
> iTunes will check for (and then download) new podcasts. This would be on
> my Mac at work.
>
> I want iTunes to do its downloading overnight (like 3, 4 am). My company
> has gotten strict about tying up bandwidth during business hours (9-5),
> and I want to be a good little drone.

I have iTunes v7.0.1, why don't you? The new features are really cool
and I've had not trouble with it.

In my version of iTunes, the time of day to check for downloads is set
24 hours after a manually initiated refresh. I know of no other method
to set the time.

I suppose you could come in really early one day, get some brownie
points for being a hard worker, and initiate a refresh at 6:30 am.

--

Michael Prete