[iTunes] Importing help needed

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 12:18:03 PDT 2006

Yikes, I am having such trouble. My friend brought me her computer,
it's a new laptop running OS X 10.4.7 Her iTunes is 6.05
That is exactly what I have on mine. I checked the preference and
they all seem to be the same.
Here's the problem. When I insert a CD (book) into my laptop it comes
up on the left side with a window with the tracks, I select all of
the tracks and go to Advanced and Join the Tracks. Then I go to
Audiobooker and put in the title of the book and 01 for track one.
Then it imports and I can find it in the library.

Ok, here is what's happening, When I put a CD into HER laptop it
comes up on the left side window with the tracks, I select all of the
tracks and go to Advanced and Join the Tracks is grayed out. If I
import the CD as is I can then join the tracks on the CD. If I insert
it again it goes in joined and I can then proceed but that a double
step since I have to delete the original tracks in the library and
then import the joined tracks on the CD.

I sure could use some help with this. We are judges for the 2006
Audie Awards and have about 30 books we have to listen to and judge
and we are on deadline.

Thanks so much for any help.
terry

"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me."
Ruth Reichl