[iTunes] Transferring Library

Ron Michael ronmichael at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 03:52:29 PDT 2006

I just got a new Mac Pro and want to move my iTunes files over to it.
I've saved the my Library file but need help in making sure I drag it
to where it's supposed to be and tell iTunes where to look for it.
Could someone advise me the safest and correct way to do this.
I have a file called "iTunes 4 Music LIbrary", iTunes 4 Music LIbrary
(Old), a folder called iTunes Music where the songs are actually
stored and finally, one called "iTunes Music Library.xml". I'm not
familiar with consolidating libraries but am guessing that should
probably be a part of the procedure. My music and above mentioned
files are on a separate external drive.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ron in Memphis