[iTunes] Transferring Library

James Whitfield darknight113 at excite.com
Sat Sep 23 05:03:34 PDT 2006

 RonI believe that all you have to do is import your original library on your old drive to the new drive on your Pro. Isn't there a setup assistant to help you copy what you want when you're setting up you new machine? Also, make sure that you select the 'colsolidate library' selection under advanced just to make sure that you got everything. Hope this helps--- On Sat 09/23, Ron Michael < ronmichael at gmail.com > wrote:From: Ron Michael [mailto: ronmichael at gmail.com]To: itunes at listserver.themacintoshguy.comDate: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 05:52:29 -0500Subject: [iTunes] Transferring LibraryI just got a new Mac Pro and want to move my iTunes files over to it.  I've saved the my Library file but need help in making sure I drag it  to where it's supposed to be and tell iTunes where to look for it.  Could someone advise me the safest and correct way to do this.I have a file called "iTunes 4 Music LIbrary", iTunes 4 Music LIbrary  (Old), a folder called iTunes Music where the
songs are actually  stored and finally, one called "iTunes Music Library.xml". I'm not  familiar with consolidating libraries but am guessing that should  probably be a part of the procedure. My music and above mentioned  files are on a separate external drive.Thanks in advance for any help.Ron in Memphis_______________________________________________iTunes mailing listiTunes at listserver.themacintoshguy.comhttp://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/mailman/listinfo/itunesListmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:         http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmacguy1984