[iTunes] Artwork shows in Cover Flow area but not in Artwork corner

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Fri Apr 13 19:45:05 PDT 2007

At 1:02 PM -0700, 4/13/07, Michael Prete wrote:

>Robert Ameeti wrote:
>>What conditions would cause this?
>
>I'm guessing that "artwork corner" you mention in the subject line
>refers to the bottom of the column on left of iTunes window? That
>area has two choices, one can change it by clicking on the words at
>the top of the artwork area. It will either say "Now Playing" or
>"Selected Item". In order for artwork to appear in this location, it
>must actually be playing (if the "Now Playing" option is selected)
>or the song must be selected (highlighted) for it to appear with the
>"Selected Item" option selected.

Yep, I get that there are those two options for the corner artwork display.

But while the song is selected and while it is playing, the lower
corner does not display the artwork yet the Cover Flow does show the
artwork.

>If that info doesn't help, have your tried to click on "Advanced" in
>the overhead drop down menu and then select "Get Album Artwork"?

Getting the Artwork via any method, (I use Clutter) does put
everything as it should be but my question remains, why would the
Cover Flow show artwork and not the lower corner when the song is
both selected and playing? Where would it get the artwork that does
not show in the songs Artwork tab?

--

Robert Ameeti

I've never been this old in my entire life.
~ Rev. J. D. O'Neal