[iTunes] iTunes won't import mp3s anymore

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 18:54:27 PDT 2007

all of a sudden, I can't import mp3 files from a Brilliance
audiobook: I try to "add file" or I try to "import file" and
select the file(s) to bring in, and *sometimes* it appears that
iTunes is doing something (but as often as not, it just sits
there) and the files don't come in. This is getting really
frustrating.

the technique that Brilliance suggests, to import the playlist
file, doesn't work either.

I *think* it dates from my attempt to update my copy of iTunes
to 7.3, but I'm not sure.

anybody have any suggestions as to what's going on and how to
fix it? (I've tried re-downloading iTunes and re-installing it,
but that doesn't work.)

thanks,

Becca, resigned to not being able to take her new books on her
vacation with her this time, but hoping to fix the problem when
I get back.