[iTunes] Querying Gracenote CDDB

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 19:05:20 PST 2007

I am importing some music into iTunes, and decided to try to use
the feature to automatically add track names from the internet.
I got the message that iTunes is accessing Gracenote... and it
seems to be taking forever to access, much less to find the
information. How long does this feature usually take, and how do
I know when to give up and just enter the titles myself?

also, will this feature give me the cd cover picture for the cd
that I'm importing? I've got a brand new Nano, and it would be
kinda cool to have the album covers shown, rather than the box
with the question mark or whatever the default icon is.

-becca