[iTunes] What happens during Email Accounts syncing between iPhone and iMac?

James Whitfield darknight113 at excite.com
Sat Dec 22 07:40:23 PST 2007

 Nothing really happens to your email accounts. The iphone merely copies your email settings from your imac to your iphone. I will tell you this, I would change my email preferences on my computer or my phone to not keep duplicate emails. --- On Sat 12/22, Michael Prete < michaelprete at cox.net > wrote:From: Michael Prete [mailto: michaelprete at cox.net]To: itunes at listserver.themacintoshguy.comDate: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:53:23 -0700Subject: [iTunes] What happens during Email Accounts syncing between iPhone	and iMac?I'm not clear exactly what happens (or is supposed to happen) when I  select "Sync Selected Email Accounts" under the "Info" tab. I  understand that when I sync contacts or calendars, that new info from  either iPhone or iMac relating to Addresses or Calendar Events is  exchanged so that both units have the same info. But what changes in  the Email Accounts? It seems that if I download, read and delete  email on my iPhone, it doesn't affect what happens on my iMac.
I  think I download, read and must delete the exact same items again on  the iMac. So what syncs?I'm still unable to avoid this repetitious handling the same mail  items on iPhone and iMac, regardless of mail settings. I currently  have the settings in Mail on iPhone (for POP accounts) set so that  under Advanced settings,  Deleted Messages are "Removed After One  Day" and under Incoming Settings, Delete from Server is set to "When  removed from Inbox." For my two IMAP accounts under the Advanced  settings/ Mailbox Behaviors, Deleted Mailbox is set to "Deleted  Messages" and Advanced settings/Deleted Messages is set to "After one  day".Can someone offer insights or point to a good explanation?------------Michael PreteMore will be revealed._______________________________________________iTunes mailing listiTunes at listserver.themacintoshguy.comhttp://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/mailman/listinfo/itunes