[iTunes] iTrip causing "bleeps" in playlists

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Tue Feb 6 13:09:12 PST 2007

Carol F. Bruml wrote:
> I did a Restore on my 40-gig clickwheel iPod a week or so ago.
>
> Since then, I have heard periodic, loud "bleeps" in my playlists of
> basically relaxing classical music.
>
> If I look at the iPod screen when this happens, I see "Griffin iTrip" and a
> radio frequency listed.
>
> If I check the Playlist listing, in iTunes, I do not see any items under
> "Griffin," "iTrip," or under the numeric frequency.

You are looking in the wrong place. They do not exist as a playlist.

> These "bleeps" have occurred in all seven or eight lists I have played since
> the Restore was done.
>
> I do not have the iTrip Playlist checked for synchronizing with my iPod at
> this time, since I seldom use it except if traveling long distances. Would
> synching a playlist of all of the iTrip frequencies "pacify" the iTrip's
> "need" to be there?
>
> How can I get these "bleeps" (and the iTrip frequencies) deleted from my
> iPod/playlists where they don't belong?

After connecting your iPod, on the first screen that appears (with
"Summary" tab) you will find a preference which states "Only sync
checked items". If you check that option and *uncheck* the various iTrip
beeps, that would seem to produce the result you are looking for. Let us
know.

> Does anyone have any idea what caused them to worm their way in in the first
> place?

Bad juju?  8-)

--

Michael Prete