[iTunes] Lost 'Date Added' on iTunes

James Hubbell jjhubbell at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 09:15:32 PDT 2007

For some reason my iMac 4 running 10.2.8 repopulated iTunes due to a
loss of power.  When the power came on (even with battery back-up, the
programs took a hit) iTunes did a reload of all songs - 16,000+.

When finished I got a message that "the file iTunes Library does not
appear to be a valid music file.  iTunes has attempted to recover your
music library and renamed this file to iTunes Library (Damaged)".

Everything appears OK except the 'date added' for all tunes is 3-07-07.
  I need the previous dates from the damaged file and wonder if there's
a way to get them back?

Any help on this would be appreciated.