[iTunes] how do I get fresh CD names, and mp3 names to stick?

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Fri Nov 16 22:46:38 PST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Daniel Carter wrote:

> I'm having a problem with naming CDs that I want to burn. no matter
> what I do, in the end the name winds up being a name that I gave to
> a previously burned CD. newly burned CDs keep winding up with that
> same previously given name. I can't get rid of it. furthermore I
> have a similar problem with the labeling of the iTunes mp3 icon in
> the freshly burned CD. it's stuck on the same old previous CD name,
> and the same old previous mp3 name. what do I need to freshly name
> a CD that I want to burn, and have the mp3s on it to reflect the
> name of current mp3s.
>
> apologies for the clumsiness of the formulation of my question.
> hope y'all get the drift.

I'm sorry, but I don't. I don't know what sort of computer you are
using, or what operating system. I don't know what version of iTunes
you are using. I don't know what steps you take to "naming CDs that I
want to burn". I don't know what sort of source material you are
burning to a CD, and where it came from and what format it is in. I'm
guessing you are trying to make audio CDs, but you don't even say
that specifically.

What have you got. What exactly do you do. What exactly do you get?
What are you hoping to get?

Did the music files come from ripped CDs? From files purchased
through the itunes store?

When I burn an audio CD from a play list made up of MP3 files that I
got from ripping commercial CDs that I own, the iTunes application
goes online and finds the names of the tracks, artists, album and
inserts that info for me. That info is also transmitted to the CDs
that I used to burn. I never needed to "name a CD".

Better questions get better answers.

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.