[iTunes] iPod is acting strangely

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 08:50:00 PDT 2007

My venerable iPod mini has started acting oddly. In the midst of
playing, it will suddenly decide to reset itself. Also, I had it
plugged into my computer for a couple of hours (I use a PC) to
sync my podcasts and recharge. When I disconnected the iPod, it
told me that there was 0 battery charge, and turned itself
off... I connected it again (had to reset it before iTunes
recognized it was there) for less than 10 minutes, disconnected
it again and now it tells me that the battery if full and
everything is just fine.

is my iPod dying, or just the battery? (I just replaced the
battery about 6 months ago... shouldn't new batteries last
longer than that?) I really don't want to have to replace the
iPod if I don't have to.

thanks,

Becca

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Death, "The Hogfather" - Terry Pratchett