[iTunes] iPod Tune Won't Play

list boy i.am.list.boy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:13:56 PDT 2008

> On Aug 27, 2008, at 1:44 PM, James Hubbell wrote:
>> When you say recreate, do you mean reload the track from the cd or
>> just overwrite the info?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> On Aug 27, 2008, at 11:53 AM, list boy wrote:

No; I have Mp3 Rage, it will delete the tag part of the file, leaving
the actually audio part alone.

You could recreate the entire track, but I seem to remember doing
that with iTunes and having the issue be persistent. (I think iTunes
keeps track of song info in its database, and it might defer to that
database if it sees that the song info is the same when you "reload"
the track.)

Now that I think about it, my problem (I merged Van Halen's "1984"
title track with "Jump") showed up in iTunes as well as on the iPod.