[iTunes] applescripts /Was iPod woes, now it's iTunes woes

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Fri Feb 8 12:47:36 PST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Michael Prete wrote:
>
>> My iTunes app seemed to constantly nag me to back up my "valuable
>> iTunes library folder". If you didn't ignore that sage advice, you
>> can simply reconstruct your library from that folder.
>>
>> If you have no back up, you might try Doug's iTunes Applescripts.
>> He may have a script that would help you with your task.

> Time Machine backs mine up.

And have you tried using it to recover a working iTunes Library from a
past moment? Does it work as expected? Easy to do?

> But, speaking of Doug's Applescripts. I wanted one that would move
> the books that imported into Music into Audiobooks. I downloaded one
> called Make Bookmarkable which I was told would do that. It worked
> when I first downloaded it and not it is not. It must be me since it
> worked right at first. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Nope. You haven't supplied much info, for anyone to help, but I'm not
the one anyway. I think that Doug of Applescript fame is contactable
through that web site, either directly or through forums. Give him
some more basic information always needed to obtain help: Computer
model (not just "iMac", there are tons of those), the OS version,
version of all applications relevant to issue (iTunes, maybe
QuickTime, perhaps iPod model, etc) and brief description of what you
are trying to accomplish, the specific steps you took, what happened,
including exact error messages...like that.

> I select the books in the Music folder that I want to move and then
> run the script.
> Nothing.....

In order to be certain, I'd have to look it up, which I'm too lazy to
do right now. My recollection is that "Make Bookmarkable" script was
not designed to "move" anything. It was designed to change the file
type. Audio Book files which are able to resume where you last stopped
have a different ending on the file extension. If you rip a book from
a CD, you will have something.mp3 files. If you get an Audio Book
file, it will be something.aa and will be "bookmarkable".

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.