[iTunes] Re:Multiple libraries on different disks

henri drev at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 9 12:00:36 PST 2008

A couple months ago I posted here, asking if it was possible to have
multiple libraries on different drives, and every reply posted was
wrong. Yes, iTunes can create new libraries but all in the same music
folder. After my experimentations I verified this with an Applecare
call.

My music folder was getting too large for my macbook and over time I
had collected MP3, AAC, AAIF files in no real order. I wanted to
separate into different types of files in separate libraries, in
separate music folders that could be placed on different drives, and
put the least used on an external drive.

Libra 2.0 is the solution and has worked flawlessly so far.
<http://homepage.mac.com/sroy>http://homepage.mac.com/sroy    cheap too!